Is anyone still out there...?

Well, here I am almost, 13 months since I arrived in Australia, and I thought it might be time to give you and update!

Firstly, I had an amazing time in the USA (which seems so long ago now!).  I visited my family in NJ and had a great time in NYC, before heading down to more family in Miami and then over to LA.  Then we took a brilliant two week coach trip through California, Utah, Nevada and Arizona where we saw the Grand Canyon (utterly spectacular), Yosemite (beautiful), Monument Valley (epic) and many, many other places.  The only place I didn't take to was Las Vegas, but mainly because we'd spent a week in the wilderness and then hit this incredible, sleazy, colourful city in the middle of the desert.  Plus it was unusually humid.

And so after this wonderful trip full of happy memories, we arrived in Perth on 4th September 2010.  I had some work already lined up at the Perth Royal Show and was grateful for the money I earned in the 10 days there, which paid for some of the US trip!  Whilst at the show I got a call for a three month temp job and I went straight from the show to the job, which wasn't brilliant, but the money was OK.  However, after three weeks temping I got a permanent job at the University of Western Australia which has been brilliant, and I count myself very lucky!

It enabled us to buy a wonderful house about 30 minutes drive from the city centre, which as four bedrooms, a pool and a spa!  It's the biggest house I've ever owned and we do sometimes feel lost in it!

I've loved moving here, it felt like home the moment I got off the plane and I have no regrets.  I do miss the people I left behind, but hope they will come and visit this wonderful country at some point in the future.

Stay tuned, i may update a little more frequently...or not... ;-)

Comments

  1. We are still out here, been wondering where you've been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, dear patient reader! I've been living life, and it's been pretty good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In praise of Cherry Ripes

I Am Still Here!