It's Away!

Finally, after more than three months of planning and eight months since I stood on that beach, my application for permanent residency in Australia has been sent.

Someone asked me recently if I was excited and the answer is no; my fate is now in the hands of others and I can't get excited until I get the official notification that they have granted my visa. Until then there will be much fretting!

I still have medical checks and police checks to undertake and I may still be called for an interview. And there's always the possibility that I've missed something or done something wrong on the form an it all gets sent back.

So keep your fingers, toes and any other appendages you may posses crossed for me please!

Comments

  1. Congratulations and good luck. How long does it normally take for them to respond with an answer, do you know?

    -Luke Sidewalker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between 6-8 months is a good time scale.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In praise of Cherry Ripes

Down Under Live!

Is anyone still out there...?