Further requirements!

So I've had time to digest what's required of me, and I have to make a (very expensive, I suspect) appointment with a doctor recommended by the Australian High Commission. This involves blood tests, X-Rays and other medical probings. Oh how I look forward to that. (That's sarcasm, by the way.)

I also have to have Police checks carried out to make sure I am not some hardened criminal (which, as someone pointed out, used to be the only way to get in to Australia!). This costs me £35.

And finally I have to provide further evidence that Mrs Paulky and I are a bona fide couple; this one enables me to skip the Temporary Residence visa and skip straight to Permanent, so it's worth doing. Just now have to gather together suitable evidence, which makes my decision to have a clear out last month of all old documents suddenly seem unwise...

One good thing that all this clarifies is that, assuming I get the visa, I have to make a trip to Australia before the medical and police checks expire, which is normally one year; so all being well I will be showing my face Down Under by July next year! This may be a fleeting visit to satisfy the conditions of entry, however, as there is still selling the house, moving pension and banks etc. to wade through.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In praise of Cherry Ripes

Down Under Live!

Is anyone still out there...?